~Thursday 21st of February 2019~
Welcome to MandoTabs!
MandoTabs is your true source to find chords and tabs for all of your favorite songs. Mandolin players all over the world have direct access to MandoTabs its large and completely free song archive which is constantly being updated with new songs. MandoTabs also offers mandolin tips & guides, chord charts, a mandolin tuner and much more! Join MandoTabs for free if you want to favorite songs and take them with you anywhere you go. Enjoy and join the fun!
MandoWorld is founded, created and maintained 100% voluntarily only by myself, one person. Here at MandoWorld I take the time to try contact the artists in the MandoTabs archive so I can ask for the permission to publish their tabs. If the artist cannot be reached directly (by email, facebook,…), I try to contact the recordlabel or manager. When an artist or recordlabel does not want mandolin tabs for their songs posted online they will be removed immediately and their decision will be respected. This way MandoTabs can be a 100% legal source for mandolin tabs and chords. Sometimes it is not possible to contact the artist (due to privacy reasons, etc…). When this occurs, the tabs/chords for the song(s) is (are) posted and will stay online until MandoWorld is contacted to remove them (see further below). In any case, we respect the choice of the owner of the song and will take quick action.
The statement below can and should be applied to ALL song lyrics, chord progressions, tablatures, song titles, artist names, album titles and artwork, artist biographies, artist images and everything else related to the artist and song.
MandoWorld and everything related with MandoTabs does NOT own any rights about the content posted, i.e. song lyrics, chord progressions, tablatures, song titles, artist names, album titles and artwork, artist biographies, artist images and everything else related to the artist and song. For what it counts, MandoTabs publishes everything under a Fair Use Policy for educational purposes only. MandoTabs is free for everyone and will never charge for its service.
MandoTabs aims to respect the intellectual property rights of others. So on everything posted I reserve the right for the copyright owners to request its removal. MandoTabs never posts any songs chords or tabs that are copied from tablature books and magazines. All chord progressions and tabs are either personally created or already available online elsewhere and free to read.
Strumming Patterns are not posted because it is literally telling how to play a song which is not allowed according to copyright law. MandoWorld can however not guarantee that users of its services share their own thoughts and experiences on how to play a song with each other.
MandoTabs is an educational resource with unofficial transcriptions of songs. Selling or redistributing the content in one way or another is not allowed by copyright law. Album covers, artist pictures and artist descriptions are provided by the free last.fm API. Lyrics are made available by azlyrics.com.
All content and images on subsites other than MandoTabs.com, including but not limited to MandoChords.com, MandoChordNamer.com, MandoClubs.com, MandoGuides.com, MandoMetronome.com, MandoNotes.com, MandoScales.com, MandoTuner.com and MandoWorld.com is copyright protected and cannot be copied or distributed under any circumstances without permission, unless listed below under the section ‘Credit’.
Credit needs to be given where it’s due, aside from the fact that I as a person or MandoWorld as a whole takes no credit at all for the song arrangements posted. What follows is a list of works (scripts, images…) which I have used as inspiration or modified, whether they are have an attribution license or not. Did I forget to give you credit for something I’ve used? Make sure to contact me and I’ll add credit right away!
- Liz.STERRY (aka rathawk) is an amazing artist. She has a DeviantART page and a personal website. I’m also an active member on DeviantART and it’s on her DeviantART that I’ve found the original ‘Viva La mandolin’ image which is featured on every single homepage of MandoWorld. It’s the image of the hand holding an mandolin in the air, quite anarchistic. It really caught my attention and it has been here since the very start of MandoTabs in March 2012. I did found the drawing a bit too ‘dark’ so I redrew it with a more friendly vibe to it, while also coloring in the mandolin and arm. Nevertheless a lot of credit is due to Liz.STERRY for the original idea.
- If you’re looking up songs on MandoTabs you’ve definitely noticed the sticky chords feature? The ability to let the chords stick on the screen when you scroll down or up the page. This was an addition I would never have thought of, but the great T. Leishman did. He contacted me saying that he wanted to give back to fellow mandolin players on MandoTabs and created a Chrome extension to add this feature. It was so great that I asked the source code so that I could make it a default feature. He did share it and the open source code can be found on GitHub. Thank you!
- The Lobster font. Yes indeed, the Lobster font. This is the font that is used for all the logo typography of MandoWorld. It is created in 2010 and licensed under the SIL Open Font License. It is an amazing font and can be downloaded for free at their website Impallari.
- The MandrMetronome code is based on the same code used by Metronome Online, trying to bring the powerful metronome software to MandoWorld. You can find their website here. Besides a metronome of course it also contains some very useful exercises. The website its last activity was on their Facebook page in 2015.
Copyright Infringement Policy
This paragraph is regarding the DMCA (Digital Millennium Copyright Act) and how to report copyright infringement. It is MandoWorld’s policy to respond in a timely manner to notices of alleged infringement that comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).
If you believe that your work has been used on the MandoTabs.com site in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please promptly notify me by sending an email to legal [at] MandoTabs.com or by filling in the contact form with the following information:
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed, or if there are multiple works, a representative list of the works.
- A description of the material that you claim is infringing and information sufficient to establish where it is located on the website. To accurately identify, you must reference the URL associated with that tablature, which can be found in the location or web address box in your browser.
- Your full name, address, telephone number, and email address.
Response and action is guaranteed upon reception of any request!
To conclude, if you believe that your musical work has been copied by MandoWorld in a way that constitutes infringement of your intellectual property or if you feel uncomfortable with a particular part of the content posted on MandoWorld, contact legal [at] MandoTabs.com or fill in the contact form to get this resolved as soon as possible. A response and action is guaranteed.